Double-click on any photo to get a full-screen picture; click the Back button to return to Blog.
1. The Inner Gateway to Shuri Castle
2. The Central Courtyard
3. Battle of Okinawa Memorial Park
4. Memorial Park
5. Memorial Park: strange to see your own surname -- a long-lost cousin?
6. Memorial Park: the Pacific Ocean meets the East China Sea.
7. Memorial Park: some of my homeroom students.
8. Himeyuri: 1000 paper cranes as a memorial to the high school girls forced to become nurses.
9. Himeyuri: entrance to the underground cave hospital.
10. Himeyuri: a rather bitter, disillusioned poem about getting pushed into the final battles.
11. The Chiraumi ("beautiful sea") aquarium
15. Ryukyu Mura (Okinawan Folk Village)
16. Ryukyu Mura
17. R. Mura
18. R. Mura
19. R. Mura: Okinawan traditional dress.
20. R. Mura: water buff in charge of a "farmer".
21. R. Mura: the pottery centre.
22. R. Mura: the girls dress up as Okinawans.
Wikipedia Link to Okinawa